Poem : The Leaf Shall Fall (by Arnavsinh Tongaonkar)



The Leaf Shall Fall

Life is fleeting
Every brief
The swift descent
Of a falling leaf.

Colour, beauty
Come and pass
The wind does sweep
The rustling grass.

Seasons come
And go so fast
And every leaf
Must fall at last.

In this I see
Not fear but hope
To Live, to Love
Not weep and mope

That while I am
Upon the tree
I am the best
That I can be

What wonder lies
Of you I ask
In beauty that
Forever lasts ?

The rising sun
And Morning dew
A blossom,
Smiles it's smile anew

In that moment
They give their all
And blaze so bright
Before they fall.

So I shall live
And I shall stay
Bright, alive
For everyday

I know some day
This leaf shall fall
Till then I stand
Firm, proud and tall

Bapu, this
I pray to You
The words of Your child
Plain and true

When at last
This end I meet
May I be offered
At Your feet.

Shri Ram
Ambadnya
I Love You my Dad

- Arnav H. Tongaonkar

Comments